Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

two books too soon?

Hey bookettes!

This is Marit and Carolyn (and also channeling Solveig from Germany) wondering if we could choose the next two books at our January meeting? This way we can plan ahead and have more time to find the book (especially if we want to get it from the library, etc.). So this means at our next meeting we will hold two voting sessions -- one with Christine as "host" and the other with.... I guess we haven't decided that yet. Well, how about Carolyn hosts the next one? Marit nominates her. ; ) So to recap, our next meeting is on Saturday Jan 23 at 10:30 hosted by Heidi, and then we will meet on Monday March 1st at 6pm at Christine's, and finally I'm going to throw out there Sunday April 11th at noon at my house (Carolyn's) -- but we can talk about this at the next meeting if that doesn't work.

So, everyone bring your calendars to the next meeting!

As I'm sure you noticed, you have a friendly little bookettes blog update notice in your email. Marit and I were just too excited over our little discovery under the settings tab (that enabled this to happen) that we couldn't wait and just went ahead with it. I hope you don't mind! This way we are all kept up to date and can participate in discussions on books, meetings, or whatever!

~Marit and Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Hey Christine and all! I got your email. I've added some of the books we've already suggested at previous meetings to the 'Future Book ideas list'. I don't think I have everyone we discussed, so everyone please feel free to add other titles! See you all soon! -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! (To everyone: I haven't picked out the three suggestions to bring to our next meeting yet, so if anyone has more ideas please feel free to add them.)

    Marit and Carolyn: I'm fine with voting on the next two book selections - not a bad idea! And April 11th is good for me as well.

    Annaka: Thanks for filling us in, and we'll miss you terribly! You're always welcome to join back in if your schedule opens up. Hope to see you soon!

    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed we don't get email updates when we leave comments on the blog, only when a new entry is made, so I guess we'll have to remember to visit the blog to keep up on the conversations.

    I'm excited to see everyone soon!

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete