Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Meeting #3: Peace Like a River

Christine hosted the bookettes in her adorable downtown apartment the other night, and what an intimate meeting we had! Filled with much comfort food, deep discussion, and even some heated debate! The bacon-wrapped pineapple was a perfect appetizer for the chili -- can't wait to get the recipe for that one, yum! And to top it off, Christine spoiled us with some coffee ice cream and oreo dessert. I'd recap our discussion on the book but I honestly don't really feel like it tonight. I'm too excited to upload some photos! So I'll just say we had a great time discussing the characters of Peace Like a River, religious elements and symbols, landscape, and our thoughts on the ending to the novel. If anyone cares to fill in the gaps, go ahead! Here are some photos from our evening:






We really enjoyed the wine and fruit!


We missed you Jenna! We will be discussing A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce at our next meeting, Saturday April 10th, 6pm, at Carolyn's house. Let's start the blogging!

PS - I didn't get photos of everyone... maybe you got some more Solveig?
~Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Colleen! I just realized you got partially cut off in that large photo. I guess it was too big for the format of this webpage... but you'll be happy to know that the original photo does not cut you off.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the book being in color and the rest of the photo being in sepia! You are so creative, Carolyn. Well done!
    -Marit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks... but it's funny, the reason I chose to do that has little to do with creativity and more to do with the fact that we all had the worst case of red-eye that even the red-eye eliminator couldn't remedy. The answer? Why sepia of course! And yea, I thought the books looked cool left in color : )

    ReplyDelete