Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Meeting #11: The Devil in the White City

Oooo! Murder, magic, and madness at the fair!


But no, we didn't experience all of THAT at Heidi's house this past Sunday when we met to discuss The Devil in the White City. But we DID however enjoy some tasty popcorn and cracker jacks (cracker jacks made their grand appearance at the fair!) and some homemade deep-dish Chicago style pizza! We had a very small group (just five of us) but sometimes that is recipe for a great conversation. If anyone wants to summarize what we discussed, feel free to add on ...

We decided our next meeting, which will be held by Christine, will be sometime on April 10th (or was that a tentative date?). And I, for one, am very excited she may serve us tea (believe me girls, this is one meeting you don't want to miss! This girl knows how to serve up tea). We'll be discussing Sarah's Key, a pretty quick, although sad story. I'll be hosting after Stine and will probably get my book selections out to you sometime before our next meeting so we can plan ahead.

Until next time!

Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fun post Carolyn! I will indeed host on Sunday, April 10th (let's say 3:00-5:00pm or so. I'm not sure how to change that in the tab on the righthand side).

    You're sweet to talk up my tea-serving skills! It's really my mother who's the expert, so I'll be taking a few tips (and maybe a scone or cookie recipe or two) from her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad you posted! I love reliving book club through the blog! Can't wait for our next meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Technology Integrationsists, hello! I can only guess this must be Marit : ) Did you start a TI blog or something?

    ReplyDelete