Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Need HELP?

Although only 6 votes came in (are we sure that everyone is receiving email updates for the blog?), it looks like we have chosen The Help for our meeting at Marit's in November! I've heard from lots of people that it's extremely good, so I can't wait to dive into it.

As I briefly mentioned at the end of our last meeting, my mom's book club just finished reading The Help as well. Since it's still so new, I think it's only available in hardcover (as far as I know...). My mom mentioned that if anyone is interested she could see how many copies she can borrow from the ladies in her group! It's understandable, of course, if you like to own your own copy so as to make notes/markings/fold pages, etc. But if you're interested in saving some money and borrowing a copy, let me know (either comment on this post below or just email me: christinehanso@gmail.com) and I'll see how many copies my mom and I can round up. I can pass them along at our meeting at Hannah's in October, or if you want to start reading it sooner we can plan to meet up at an earlier date too.

Let me know if you are at all interested!

~Christine

P.S. You're right Carolyn...I didn't know that Muriel would be so annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to start reading this one! I actually have my mom's copy sitting on my shelf right now, so I don't need to borrow a book, but thanks for offering up Stine. What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One person contacted me with her vote because the polling wasn't working. I also did not vote, because I genuinely don't care. So we're just missing two votes...

    I'd love to borrow a copy of The Help, if it works out! Thanks, Stine!

    ReplyDelete