Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Finalizing future dates and other such business

Hi Girls!

I forgot to write down our January meeting date that will be held at Colleen's. Can someone either remind me by replying to this post or by adding it to the calendar of events in the sidebar?

Also, remember we changed the date for November from Thursday to Saturday the 20th, at 10am @ Marit's. Did I get that right? We will be discussing The Help (which is amazing so far!)

Colleen, do you feel comfortable setting up a poll along the sidebar? I've never added a poll but I know some other bookettes have -- namely Marit. So maybe contact her if you want the "cliffnotes" : )

If you head over to the recipe blog (via the button link down on the sidebar) you'll notice a new theme! Anyone can feel free to change that. Blogger just updated their designs so I was having fun playing around. In order to accommodate some of the larger photos I adjusted the width of the blog body to as wide as it gets and the sidebar to a bit smaller (there's a simple control to do this when you change the theme). As I'm sure you noticed, our home blog also has a new theme. I thought of changing it to a stack of books (another border option) but wasn't sure I liked the colors ... but we might go back to that because it just screams Bookclub!

If anyone has any recipes to share on our blog you can either type up your own post, ask me (via a reply to this post) how that is done (maybe we can cook up a tutorial), OR .... you can email carolyn.pierson@gmail.com and I'll post them for you! If they are secret family recipes you aren't required to post them, but we had such a great time when everyone hosted, it would be fun to share as many recipes as we can.

Ok, enough nerdy news for now! I'm off to read The Help (or wish I was while I trudge forward on my homework...)

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment