Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

PS to Meeting #8: Accidental Tourist

Not to be redundant, I loved your post, Stine! But I have to add this picture, even though it was taken from Solveig's phone. Solveig was at this meeting, even though she isn't pictured here.

Where we met: The beautiful community room at Hannah's parent's condo in NE Minneapolis

What we ate: baked brie with a fruity twist to start, followed by the traditional French Nicoise Salad with pistachio chicken (very fitting), followed by the most decadent crepes I've ever had.

What we drank: Wine and Organgina

What we read: The Accidental Tourist

What we discussed: Macon and his ability (or inability to change). What sort of tourist Macon was, and how we were either similar or different in various ways. I went into this not taking a whole lot out of the story, but enjoyed hearing what you ladies thought and learned from Macon. What else did we discuss? What about Jenna, Heidi and Sarah- did you enjoy the book? 

We certainly will miss you, Hannah! What a night- thanks for hosting such an amazing meeting! No one makes crepes like you. We wish you luck in all you do, and hope you will join us the next time you are back in MN.



ps Anyone else interested in seeing the movie? Can we set a date?
pps I was hoping to head to the Edina Grill on Friday for happy hour. If you are interested text me or send me an email or post a comment here. Happy hour includes $3 drinks and appetizers and is from 3-6. Solveig is working there on Friday night, so if we really work it we might get a really awesome waitress!


1 comment:

  1. Hey - I wish I could, but I don't think I'll be able to make it to happy hour this week. Some other week though! It's just been really crazy and I have a ton to get done... blah, boring I know.

    ReplyDelete