Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Nightwoods Inspiration

Hey ladies -- I know we'll be seeing each other soon, but I wanted to drop in and leave a few links for inspiration as we continue reading this weekend.

Here's a positive review from the Washington Post

Although I made it sound in my emails like I didn't enjoy this book, I actually have mixed feelings and probably stand somewhere int he middle ... here are some things I had fun thinking about:

-Bud's Jesus/blood references and obsession
-the depiction of the children - he left out the "cutsy" and made them almost eerie. Yea?
-An awesome quote about falling in love (don't remember the page, but I'll tell you on Sunday)
-the parenting theme (we see many different parent relationships in the book)
-Bud, in my opinion, was the most interesting character. But why did he throw up so much?!

Well, that's nothing super insightful ... feel free to add to the list! Or we can just talk on Sunday : )

-Carolyn

P.S. I updated the sidebar with dates and books read. Does anyone have pictures from Rachel's meeting this summer? Or Heidi's in October? I'd be happy to post them if you email them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment